Yes, that’s right … HollyCornblog is heading home today. And none too soon … it’s time for this alligator-haunted vacation to come to an end. The other day, she wrote that she grabbed her towel to take a shower … and this little guy fell onto the floor. Yikes! If that’s not a baby alligator I don’t know what it is! The interloper was summarily transferred from room to poolside … from whence he disappeared.
Meanwhile, she also sent along some great pictures of some fish called “Jacks” that they watched from the dock near their hotel. They apparently come in in droves and then feed on the poor minnows and other tidbits that happen to be in the area at the time. (Can you imagine sitting with a pole and seeing this crew coming? Or even more challenging … being in the water while they all churn toward you?)
Here’s what they look like when they are feeding. All you can see are the open mouths, looking like big O’s in the water. HollyCornblog said that they reminded her of Christmas Carolers … wet, slimey Christmas Carolers!
I didn’t realize what a wildlife tour this little trip was going to be? Normally I hear about kayaking and beach-walking and the great new beers that they are discovering … but this time it’s been all fish and alligators and such. Guess our horizons are expanding! 😉
Now, onto some tidbits from here and there:
- Google has launched Google Health … which looks very interesting … and like something I’ll need to be studying up on for work!
- Bush is reportedly planning an active campaign role for the GOP. Rock on, brother … rock on!
- Ed Gillespie (Dubya’s counselor) has written to NBC news complaining about how they presented some comments by the Prez and whining that ” This deceitful editing to further a media-manufactured storyline is utterly misleading and irresponsible …” This from the folks who brought us WMD and everything that followed … unbelievable. Nah – actually, believable.
- Vito Fossella … another of those “family values” Republicans, has announced that he is not running for re-election. Little problems with extra-marital affairs and extra-marital kids and DUI’s and such. Too bad … wish he’d stay. He fit in quite well, I thought!
- On a higher note (much higher) here’s a nice article about Pia from the Globe … and a piece from USSF about camp opening for the Peace Queen Cup. Kristin Luckenbill is back … while Nicole Barnhart recovers from knee surgery.