Where have I been?
The short answer … dunno.
The longer answer … working to carve out a sustainable daily schedule for myself that includes an increased range of activities, stretching beyond the staples … which include:
Sitting in front of a computer at work and sitting in front of a computer at home.
Moving various body parts is one such activity. An imperative, IMHO, as I take in some of the new and inevitable realities of aging … one of them being the atrophy (and loss of function) which is a predictable outcome of …
Sitting in front of a computer at work and then sitting in front of a computer at home. (Oh, and throw in sitting in front of a TV watching other people run around … or listening to the sounds of other people running around while working at the computer.)
So, one of the places I have been is on the treadmill or in the woods or running/walking the roads. Not to give the wrong impression, this is not “Rocky” type stuff … but progress.
And then there’s “being in touch with myself.” This has been an area of increasing focus as I make time to connect with parts of me that, for one reason or another, have been hidden, silenced, you name it. Enriching, enlivening, eye-opening, and sometimes difficult – the work feels like piecing together a tapestry. It’s all me – and all inside of me – but exists in disconnected fragments. The work of knitting it all back together is an amazing journey, and one which feels precious to me.
- I’ve been dismayed, discouraged, frightened and pretty much disgusted by the shrill and shallow discourse coming from the GOP Primary fight. I actually feel worried for the GOP, and sad for those reasonable folks whose party it had been. It must be a huge and confusing loss for them.
- I’ve been entertained by Linsanity.
- I briefly dipped into Pinterest, then got scared off by the potential Copyright issues.
- I didn’t see all that many of the Oscar-nominated films … and am not enough of a film buff to really ‘get it’ about “The Artist.”
- I was chagrined at the (temporary) demise of WPS … hopefully the Oly’s will rekindle interest and the league will re-start on the other side.
- I’ve been getting psyched for the upcoming Phillies season … and thought that Josh Beckett’s apology for last season’s BoSox meltdown was utter crap.
- Have been reading more … a great treat!
- I actually followed a recipe from start to finish last Sunday … ask my housemates … that’s an accomplishment!
- Purchased a Mac and have not yet really figured out how to use it well (somehow, I think that using a Mac the way I use a PC just isn’t the point)!
I dunno – that’s not a lot to show for several months of silence.
Did I mention aging? Moving slower … that’s for sure.
Oh yeah, and tonight there’s the start of Daylight Saving Time – that could set me back for WEEKS!