What a difference a year makes. As I get ready to sit down with my small (but growing) family, I have lots to be thankful for. Some examples include:
– Thankful for still being able to participate in the sports and activities I love the most;
– Thankful for meeting new people and re-establishing relationships with old friends;
– Thankful that hard-work usually does pay off in the end;
– Thankful for my pooch, nephew, family and friends;
– Thankful for a career and lifestyle that afforded me the opportunity to buy my first home!
This last one may seem a bit silly but it’s been a long time coming. I’m thankful for being able to eat cherry pie!
Stuffing, pies, rolls and so much more have been excluded from my diet for many years with the whole gluten-intolerance thing. Thanks to efforts made locally and nationally, I can begin enjoying the simpler things in life.
Here is to appreciating all aspects of our lives – big or small!